Order of the Murloc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Order of the Murloc Kirin Tor guild

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yyrkoon
Lord Prophet
Lord Prophet
yyrkoon

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk Empty
PostSubject: Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk   Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:13 pm

New topic with cooler name
Back to top Go down
Rakajin
Tidehunter
Tidehunter

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk   Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:02 pm

Much better Very Happy

Frost ftw!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Fujima
Dev
Dev
Fujima

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk   Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:05 am

Yea.. So I guess I'll chime in here. My talent build utilizes Obliterate to it's max. With talents alone, I'll have a raw 35% crit chance with it and add in the innate 5%, that's 40% before you even add in crit rating. Also, guile of gorefiend increases the crit strike bonus damage of Obliterate by 45%. I also took the parry talent in blood because of my rotation allows the massive use of blood runes, and actually makes it necessary to do so. My rotation is as such.

** Single Target Icy touch, Plague strike, Obliterate, blood strike x2 (Sometimes I add in pestilence if I feel like it), Frost strike x2... and for second half of rotation... Icy touch, Plague strike, Obliterate x2, frost strike x2.

Reasons why this works for me. First the above mentions crit % and bonus damage. It's a nasty spell for me cause it crits all the time and does 1100-1900 damage. Second, I can remove any of the obliterates for a death strike if I need a little extra health.

Note there is no howling blast in this rotation. HB is only used when freezing fog procs. Because it's free at that point.. or in my AoE rotation. It's almost the same thing.

**Multi Target Icy touch, plague strike, Pestilence, Howling Blast, Bloodstrike or Blood Boil (Depends on how I'm feeling, Frost Strike x 2. And that's it..

I'll toss in things as needed.. like the aoe freeze and Death Strike. If I need a death strike, I just skip a HB. Especially if Freezing fog procs. Very Happy

Also I must make mention at the Auto Haste. When I hit with Icy touch, my melee haste is increased by 20% for 20 secs. Add this to the 5% Haste that you always have from build and you got some good times. Now this is why I will have to try out duel wielding one day. One day.
Back to top Go down
https://orderofthemurloc.darkbb.com
yyrkoon
Lord Prophet
Lord Prophet
yyrkoon

PostSubject: Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk   Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:36 pm

Dual wielding is fun and interesting but I can't say if it's better or worse yet. I was top dps in a pug as dw but it was the same average I do with a two hander. It certainly has different rotations that I haven't figured out.

Btw, 5-gold to whomever can tell me where I stole the title for this topic from. While I'm sure many people have said the phrase I was thinking of a certain older sci-fi movie. I'll be looking for what movie and what character says it. Smile

Another positive thing I've noticed about death knights is wow man pugging is so freaking easy. It's not always the best group but we 'git 'er done' and I get to roll on loot while learning my class in a group setting Smile

Also, I be wanting to do some instancing tonight and if anyone wants to tell me when they'd be around to do so I'll wait for them and quest a bit instead of pugging. I don't mind pugging but if I can get some murloc friends in the group I like it better. I can still do hellfire if needed but at level 64 I'm almost done with Coilfang. I need to farm UB for hatebringer though, or is it SP? I"ll check later.
Back to top Go down
Daikorg

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk   Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:35 pm

yyrkoon wrote:

Btw, 5-gold to whomever can tell me where I stole the title for this topic from. While I'm sure many people have said the phrase I was thinking of a certain older sci-fi movie. I'll be looking for what movie and what character says it. Smile

I would imagine you're referring to when Khan Noonien Singh says it in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
Back to top Go down
yyrkoon
Lord Prophet
Lord Prophet
yyrkoon

PostSubject: Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk   Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:47 pm

Um wow yeah Daikorg wins.

In fact he wins in spades!!! I sure as hell didn't know Khan's full name but I should have known www.daikipedia.com would know > : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk   Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revenge is a dish best served cold - Frost DK Talk
Page 1 of 1